Mountain Biking as all of you are aware that bicycling ride on the road, using mountain bikes that are specially designed for it. These bikes have similarities when compared to other cycles but have specific features which enhance the durability and performances. Mountain biking is usually divided into categories such as the cross countries, all mountain, trail riding, downhill, dirt jumping and freeride. However, there are many categories in mountain biking like trail as well as cross-country riding styles. This sport requires core strength, endurance, balance self-reliance and of course skills for handling bikes. Once you are a Mountain biker you may want to fly like the wind, you may want to shoot up the hills and much more, but the basics are the key to achieving these. Here are a few tips and tricks for you to get all the cool skills you want in a mountain biking.
1. Bike Maintenance: This is one of the essential tips for a good mountain biker. It will be almost impossible to listen or focus on the trail if you are listening to strange noises from your bikes, to avoid this, maintenance is the key. It hardly takes few minutes and can save you from long walks and a trip to the emergency room. Supervise the entire bike and look for everything that’s worn-out, broken or cracked. Check them up and solve them before you get out with your bike. Also ensure that the bike is set to fit you.
2. Ride with trained bikers: Riding with better bikers than yourself will push you harder to learn the biking better. You would be able to determine the position while biking downhill. You’ll get to see how the pro’s handle rough and rocky sessions enabling you to equip yourself. These valuable skills can be picked up only when you ride along with others who are better than you at mountain biking.
3. Focus: Focusing the trail you want to take is essential in this sport. Suppose you look down at rocks and roots to avoid them, you are sure to hit them, instead focussing on the trial will let you ride smoothly. There is a complicated explanation for this target fixing. Therefore concentrate on the line and enjoy.
4. Relax Irrespective of you riding a rigid bike or full suspension one, The ideal suspension you have on your arms and legs. Just stand up and relax entirely and allow to absorb the bumps and ruts on trial.
5. Spin: This is one of the crucial aspects of biking. Cyclists spend a lot of time to develop a good spin. Spinning is not only effective but also assists in keeping the traction on loose trial conditions.
6. Ride everywhere: The more time you spend with your bike, the more good you’ll be with your bike. This will better up your riding skills and will give you confidence in riding tougher places.
There are other tips and tricks involved to be a better mountain biker, search articles on the web to better yourself in each step along with practicing efficiently to become a pro mountain biker.